Vacuum Filtration Operation
The vacuum filtration operation, that is, suction filtration, is an operation of reducing the pressure in the suction filter bottle by means of an air pump to achieve the purpose of solid-liquid separation. The device requires a Buchner funnel, a suction filter bottle, a hose, an air pump, a filter paper, and the like.
Principle: The suction pump is used to reduce the pressure in the suction bottle.
Purpose: To achieve the purpose of solid-liquid separation
Brinell funnel, suction filter bottle, hose, air pump, filter paper
1. Install the instrument and check whether the connection between the Buchner funnel and the suction filter bottle is tight, and whether the air pump connection port is leaking;
2. Trim the filter paper so that it is slightly smaller than the Buchner funnel, but cover all the holes, and add distilled water to make the filter paper and the funnel tightly connected;
3. Turn on the air pump switch, pour the solid-liquid mixture, and start suction filtration.
4. After filtering, first take out the suction filter bottle and then close the suction pump.
5. Try to make the material to be filtered in the center of the Buchner funnel to prevent it from passing through the gap between the funnel and the filter paper.