Vacuum Filtration Device Operation
1. Install the instrument. The slope of the lower end of the funnel tube faces the suction nozzle. However, it is not reliable enough to prevent the filtrate from being pumped away from the suction nozzle. Check if the connection between the cloth funnel and the suction filter bottle is tight, and if the air pump connection port is leaking
2. Trim the filter paper so that it is slightly smaller than the cloth funnel, but cover all the holes, and add distilled water to make the filter paper and the funnel tightly connected;
3. Drain the glass mixture and transfer the solid-liquid mixture to the filter paper;
4. Turn on the air pump switch and start pumping.
5. If the solid needs to be washed, a small amount of solvent can be sprinkled onto the solid, allowed to stand for a while, and then drained.
6. After filtering, first remove the suction filter bottle and then close the suction pump.
7. When removing the solid from the funnel, remove the funnel from the filter bottle, hold the funnel tube with your left hand, invert, and “slap” your left hand with your right hand to allow the solid to fall on the clean paper or watch glass together with the filter paper. Remove the filter paper and dry the solid.
1. The solution should be poured out from the top of the suction bottle.
2. When the suction filtration is stopped, first unscrew the cock on the safety bottle to return to normal pressure and then close the air pump.
3. When the filtered solution has strong acidity, strong alkalinity or strong oxidizing property, replace the filter paper with glass fiber or replace the Buchner funnel with a glass sand funnel.
4. It is not advisable to filter the gelatinous precipitate or the precipitate with too small particles.
Wash the sediment: turn off the small faucet, immerse the precipitate, let it flow down slowly. Circulating water vacuum pump