Laboratory Vacuum Filtration Common Sense Introduction
Laboratory vacuum filtration equipment is used by many universities, research institutes, biopharmaceuticals, industrial enterprises, environmental monitoring and other units. The laboratory vacuum filtration device is used as a basic tool. The main function is to fix the microporous membrane (filter paper, filter cloth or filter), and then remove the solids, particulate matter or microorganisms in the liquid through the membrane. On the membrane, to achieve the purpose of separation.
For separation purposes, a complete laboratory vacuum pumping unit should include a filter bottle set, an air pump, and a pump tube that connects them. The filter bottle set is generally divided into a filter cup, a filter placement base, and a liquid collection bottle. The lack of any part will not start filtering properly. For example, Hawach’s three-branches glass vacuum set vacuum pumping unit is a universal model suitable for most pumping experiments. It includes the following components: a vacuum pump SLVPGM050B and a vacuum filter bottle SLTGF03001 ( 300ml filter cup, sand core glass filter holder, 1000ml liquid collection bottle, aluminum clamp), one connecting hose with water blocking filter, these components are an indispensable part of the vacuum filtration instrument, each component The role is as follows:
1) Vacuum suction pump: used to draw the bottom of the filter bottle into a negative pressure state, thereby forming a pressure difference with the outside of the filter bottle. In general, the amount of the suction pump accounts for the majority of the filtration device. Some customers will ask if they can save the funds at the time of purchase. If the filter is small, the pore size of the filter will be greatly resistant to the liquid. Therefore, if there is no main force of the pump, the liquid permeation filter can hardly be filtered normally. Therefore, the suction pump is an essential part of the filter unit.
2) Filter cup: The filter cup is generally located at the upper part of the filter membrane and contains the filtrate to be filtered. The filter bowl in the three-branches glass vacuum set has a tick mark that allows the user to observe.
3) Sand core glass membrane base: This part is of great significance for the whole set of equipment. It is used to place the filter membrane. Whether the filter base design is flat, whether the surface is smooth and flat, and the aperture is uniform, it will affect the filtration end filter. The quality of the membrane, whether it leaks during filtration, also affects the filtration rate at the time of filtration. The quality of this section is very important.
4) Aluminum fixture: The fixture is used to fix the filter bowl and the filter base. Sometimes it may come into contact with the liquid. If the material is not good, it may be corroded. At present, the upper and lower positioning products will surface the fixture. Improve corrosion resistance, while ordinary products use iron fixtures. The fixtures in the three-branches glass vacuum set are made of anodized aluminum and have a chemical resistance.
5) Liquid collection bottle: The liquid collection bottle collects the filtered filtrate. This part of the customer generally selects the capacity according to the amount of filtration. However, some special filtration experiments, such as medium sterilization filtration, liquid phase mobile phase solvent filtration or other reagent sterilization and impurity filtration, because the filtrate needs to be collected and stored for later use, so Hawach products are designed for these filtration experiments. The laboratory reagent bottle, so that the filtrate does not need to be poured out after filtering, just need to unscrew the funnel, you can save it directly.
6) Hose: It is used to connect the suction filter bottle and the pump. Generally, a professional vacuum pump tube with a thick wall thickness is used. If the wall thickness is too thin, it will fall off and cannot work normally. Hawach’s vacuum filtration unit is also specially designed for the hose. A water-blocking filter is arranged in the middle of the hose to prevent the filtrate from sucking up.