Solvent Filter Basic Information
The glass solvent filter is a common device in chemical laboratories. In the chromatography analysis, it is critical to remove impurities that affect column lifetime and system detection accuracy. Its degassing effect on the liquid during the filtration process is also very obvious. It is equipped with filter membranes(47mm or 50mm) for different purposes in the important analysis, microanalysis, colloid separation, and sterility experiments.
The solvent filter always used with a vacuum pump. Filter bottles include triangular liquid collection bottles (2000 ml or 1000 ml), sand core filter,funnel (300 ml and 500 ml), and retaining clips.
1. The filter bottle is made of high-quality and high-strength hard glass material, which has a temperature difference of 270 degrees and has good pressure resistance.
2. The filter bottles are produced in batches, which not only have a beautiful appearance, uniform wall thickness, but also good interchangeability.
3. The oil-free vacuum pump designed for the filter bottle device is compact and practical, easy to operate, high in efficiency and low in noise. Imported pumps are also available to users.
4. The solvent is directly extracted, which can keep the filtration process as completely sealed as possible, can reduce pollution, and can enhance the degassing effect.
Basic operational knowledge:
1. It is fragile, mustn’t be moved, especially can’t move with the clip.
2. Filter membrane selection should choose qualified products, unqualified will dissolve impurities, can be soaked in the solvent to be filtered for 24 hours to see if there is the dissolution, to investigate the quality of the filter membrane.
3. The filter membrane is divided into organic and water systems.
4. Water filtration, the organic film, preferably filtered and then mixed. The mixed mobile phase which proportion is large which membrane used.
5. Do not discard the waste filter membrane. The filter membrane is polluted the environment and shouldn’t be dissolved. Collect unified processing.
6. When the oil-free vacuum pump of the solvent filter is pumping. It is not suitable to pull out the hose when the liquid to empty. it will flatten the hose, and should stop the pump when left a little liquid.
7. Filtered solvents should avoid the second pollution.