Advantages And Disadvantages Of Vacuum Filter
The vacuum filter device is an instrument used for vacuum filtration in the laboratory. Generally speaking, filtration can serve the purposes of trapping particulate matter, clarifying filtrate, degerming, solid-liquid separation, degassing, and defoaming. And vacuum suction filter is in the middle of the suction filter bottle is to use membrane filter, filter membrane suction filter bottle can be divided into fluctuation two parts, the upper costumes for filtering liquid, lower costumes filtered filtrate.
Due to the membrane filter can produce great resistance to liquid by, cause filter cannot effectively by someone who comported himself slowly or liquid, so the so-called vacuum suction filter is to connect the suction filter bottle of vacuum pump, reduce the membrane filter below the bottles of vacuum degree, make the air outside push samples by membrane filter in the filter bowl. Therefore, vacuum filtration is a relatively complete system with multiple components. The absence of any part will affect the normal use of the instrument.
1.Vacuum filter pump: no oil pump is a dry vacuum pump that can be directly used after connecting the power supply. The suction end of the filter pump is equipped with a vacuum regulating valve. The vacuum regulating valve is equipped with a vacuum gauge to facilitate the observation of the working state of the instrument and adjust the pressure and pumping speed according to the needs.
In the purchase of the suction filter consultative is must buy the suction filter pump, due to the membrane filter, filter paper, filter cloth or a mesh aperture of the very small, can produce a large resistance to liquid by, caused by the liquid can’t effectively through the membrane, the suction filter pump suction filter bottle be inside and outside differential pressure formation, so that the outside air rapidly promote the filtrate by filter membrane, do not use the suction filter pump liquid can only be natural osmosis membranes, a trickle of drip into the collection of liquid bottle. So the filter pump is essential.
2. Filter cup: hold the filtered liquid. Generally, it is more convenient to choose a graduated cup.
3. Automatic liquid suction cup cover: users only need to use a hose to connect one end to the automatic liquid intake interface and put the other end into the filtrate to be filtered. After opening the switch, the filtrate will be automatically sucked into the filter cup and filtered.
4. Filter membrane placement base: it is used to prevent the filter membrane. Generally, the surface should be flat, and the filter membrane should not be cut.
5. Extraction bottle: used for holding filtrate or waste liquid after filtration. There is a quick drainage port at the bottom of the filter bottle. After filtration, it is not necessary to remove the filter bottle and pour out the filtrate. Just loosen the clamp at the bottom of the filter bottle to drain the filtrate quickly, or even change the drainage edge. Improve efficiency and easy operation.
Fixed seat: the suction filter bottle shall be stabilized to avoid the accidental operation or shaking of the suction filter bottle.
Filter membrane: filter membrane with appropriate aperture and material can be selected according to your own needs. The aperture and material are not affected by the filter device and can be selected according to the customer’s experimental requirements.
6.Water-resistance protector: the built-in PTFE hydrophobic film can block 100% of the suction liquid.
Vacuum filter is a device that realizes solid-liquid separation with vacuum negative pressure as the driving force. In terms of structure, the filtration section is arranged along the horizontal length, which can continuously complete filtering, washing, sucking and drying, press cloth regeneration, and other operations.
Vacuum rubber belt filter can be widely used in metallurgy, mining, chemical industry, paper making, food, pharmaceutical, environmental protection and other fields of solid-liquid separation, especially in the desulfurization of flue gas gypsum dehydration (FGD) filter press equipment have good applications.
Advantages of vacuum filter:
1. Continuous operation;
2. Remove dirt from the filter cake by forced dissolution and recovery or backwashing, especially for vacuum belt filter;
3. Vacuum belt filter – relatively clean filtrate can be obtained by using the clarifier;
4. Easy access to the equipment for filter cake sampling or other operations;
5. Easy to control operating parameters, such as filter cake thickness or washing speed;
6. Various construction materials can be used;
7. Continuous disk filtration.
Disadvantages of vacuum filter:
1. High residual moisture in filter cake;
2. The structure is not airtight.